PT Freeport Indonesia (PTFI) – a subsidiary of Freeport-McMoRan Copper & Gold Company (FCX)- is a mining and exploration company, which recognizes its role and responsibility in supporting resource conservation and sustainable development, with special emphasis on Papua. To achieve this commitment, PTFI will:
- Comply in all material respects with applicable compliance obligations, and with the requirements of the FCX Environmental Policy.
- Seek means to protect environment and prevent environmental pollution.
- Seek continuing improvement by implementing an environmental performance that sets objectives and targets, which are based on valid data and sound science; by reviewing targets set in the Environmental Management Plan (RKL) and Environmental Monitoring Plan (RPL); and by regular internal and external audits.
- Ensure that environmental considerations are an integral part of all planning, engineering, and operations.
- Work with communities near our operations by applying mutual respect and developing active partners.
- Promote energy efficiency and responsible Reduce, Reuse, Recycle (3R) and disposal of products used in the operations.
- Contribute to conservation of biodiversity and integrated approaches to land use planning.
- Ensure that this policy is documented, communicated to all employees and persons working on behalf of the organization, and made available to all interested parties.
PTFI’s Executive Committee members accept the responsibility implied in these commitments.
Robert Charles Schroeder
Executive Vice President
8 December 2017